PPD Self-Assessment Questionnaire
This questionnaire uses a self-reporting scale as a screening tool for postpartum distress. Rate each question “Yes,” “No,” or “Sometimes” by what comes closest to how you have felt in the last 7 days – not just how you feel today.
You may want to discuss these results with a PEP PPD volunteer through our Warmline, or with a qualified therapist.
1. I have not been able to laugh and see the funny side of things.
2. I haven’t looked forward with enjoyment to things.
3. I have blamed myself unnecessarily when things went wrong.
4. I’ve been anxious or worried for no good reason.
5. I have felt scared or panicky for no very good reason.
6. Things have been getting on top of me.
7. I have been so unhappy that I have had difficulty sleeping.
8. I have felt sad or miserable.
9. I have been so unhappy that I have been crying.
10. The thought of harming myself has occurred to me.
24-Hour Warmline (805) 564-3888
Our free 24-hour service provides confidential one-on-one support from trained volunteers who are parents just like you.